Aims and Values
‘Working together, learning together.’
School mission statement:
At Swalwell Primary School we aim to create a happy and inclusive learning environment where we work hard and make lasting friendships.
The school is at the heart of the community and aims to provide a safe, caring and respectful environment which enables pupils to develop academically, emotionally, physically, socially and spiritually whilst promoting fundamental British values. We provide a broad and engaging curriculum which allows individuals to develop their educational potential and skills for life.
Through our school values we aim to equip the children with the personal skills needed to effectively deal with challenges, conflict and change throughout their time at Swalwell Primary School and the rest of their lives.
Our values are:
Our Curriculum Aims:
- To support children to develop the essential skills of English and Maths in order to achieve high academic standards.
- To develop enquiring minds with the ability to question, problem solve and independently apply their skills.
- To challenge and support children to continually improve through self-evaluation and feedback.
- To help children to understand the world in which they live and to develop an active role within 21st Century Britain.
- To encourage an understanding and respect of different religions and cultures.
- To celebrate uniqueness and treat everyone with consideration and respect.